Wednesday, December 14, 2011

She makes me proud

So many times I find my self getting upset at the messy bedroom, or the spilled food, or the typical 3 year old behavior.  I feel like I'm not doing a good job parenting her.  I feel it's my fault she doesn't listen or defies me.  But then there are these moments that she makes me so beyond proud. And those are the moments that remind me that I am a good job and I am doing a good mom.  Here a just a few of those moments

Today I was making a cake for my neighbors son.  As I was making the cake Cadence kept asking me to try the frosting.  I told her she couldn't try any because she already had a cupcake earlier.  Well my neighbor came in to check out the cake and tried to give Cadence a bite of frosting. Cadence said to her "I can't have any frosting cause I already to much today!!!"

A few weeks ago I made cookies.  I told Cadence if she eats her dinner then she could have one.  Well she didn't eat or dinner so she didn't get a cookie.  Well Daddy came home and tried to sneak her one and she told him "Daddy, I can't have one because I didn't eat my dinner."

It is not even just the stories like these or all the please and thank you that make so proud.  It is how loving, grateful and giving she is.  I told her that we have to go pick out some toys for some little girls and boys that have don't have a mommy and daddy.  And she said "Ok we can buy them stuff and pretend we are their mommy and daddy." She is just so sweet.  Even in the store she is so excited to be buying something for someone else.  She doesn't even as for anything for herself.  

She makes me smile!





No comments:

Post a Comment